Steps to the Water Damage Restoration Process
While every water damage emergency is unique and may need to be treated a little differently, at SERVPRO of Collinsville/Troy we have a few steps that we follow for every emergency to make it easier on you and to ensure that we make it “Like it never even happened.”
- Initial contact - First, we receive a call from the homeowner. Our team is available 24/7 in order to be quickly available in an emergency. We will ask several questions in order to fully understand the situation and be able to get a crew out as soon as possible.
- Inspection/Assessment - One of our highly trained CSR’s will come out to the property to assess the scope of the damage, answer any further questions you may have, and find out what steps need to be taken to complete the restoration process.
- Water extraction – Our efficient crew will come and complete the water extraction process. We use powerful pumps and vacuum units to remove the excess water from the property.
- Drying – We set up fans and dehumidifiers in order to quickly dry out the area. Our crew will monitor the equipment to ensure that it is working properly and is set up efficiently.
- Cleaning and Sanitizing – Our crew will clean all surfaces and belongings that were affected by the water damage. We have many different techniques for restoring your belongings and ensuring that no lingering odors or signs of damage remain.
- Restoration – The final step is to ensure that your home is put back to pre-damage condition. This may include repainting areas or replacing carpeting, drywall, or trim.
Throughout this entire process our team strives to stay in communication with the homeowner or property owner. We want to ensure that you are informed and involved every step of the way to make it as easy and stress-free as we can. If you have any questions about water damages or the restoration process, call SERVPRO of Collinsville/Troy at 618-667-8648.