Recent Mold Remediation Posts
Have a leak or a mold problem? Call the experts!
With the snow melting and the rain we had the chances of water leaking into your home or business is higher. If you notice a leak or areas that are wet; we recommend finding the problem and fixing it as soon as possible. Mold can grow from just the smallest amount of moisture in your home. Properly drying out the wet areas will lessen your chance of mold. If you notice any mold growth contact SERVPRO to come in and start the remediation process. Leaving mold untreated can be very harmful to you, your family, workers, and customers.
There are three signs of mold you can check for.
2. Strong musty odors
3. Excessive humidity
If you see any of these three signs give us a call. We are available 24/7 to take your calls and to service your needs. Let SERVPRO keep your home or business safe by doing what needs to be done to clean it. Don’t wait too long to give us a call. The sooner you call the sooner your home or business will be safer and mold FREE.
Give us a call at 618-667-8648
Conditions In Madison County Might Be Right For Mold
It’s estimated that more than 1 million types of mold exist, yet less than 10 percent have actually been named. This means mold is very common in both indoor and outdoor environments. While mold and humans can sometimes co-exist without issue, there are certain species of mold that can cause health effects for some people.
If the right conditions exist, mold will grow. Those conditions include:
- Water - Different mold types require varying amounts of liquid before growth begins.
- Temperature - Normal indoor temperatures will promote mold growth.
- Time - Initial mold colonizers can take hold within one day after being exposed to an adequate water supply.
Mold growth can occur in any home, so it’s important to keep an eye out for situations that might promote mold activity. Roof/chimney leaks, wet basements, or condensation from ducts that dampen surrounding insulation are just a few examples of issues that make a house a prime target for mold growth.
If you suspect mold in your home, call SERVPRO of Collinsville/Troy to assess the situation. We have the knowledge, tools and track record to effectively remediate mold in your home or business.
If you suspect mold, call us today at 618-667-8648
Follow These Mold Safety Tips If You Suspect Mold
If you see visible mold, do not disturb it. You can inadvertently spread the mold infestation throughout your home. When mold is disturbed, the mold can release microscopic mold spores which become airborne and can circulate inside your home.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Collinsville/Troy for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
About Our Mold Remediation Services
SERVPRO of Collinsville/Troy specializes in mold cleanup and restoration, in fact, it’s a cornerstone of our business. Our crews are highly trained restoration professionals that use specialized equipment and techniques to properly remediate your mold problem quickly and safely.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today –618-667-8648
The Myths about Mold
When it comes to mold, there are many misconceptions that leave homeowners confused and misinformed. Just by mentioning the word “mold” causes people to panic. Although mold can be a very serious problem and should always be taken seriously, it is critical to have all the correct facts, so you can make knowledgeable decisions when necessary.
- “Bleach kills mold”
- Bleach is able to kill certain types of mold on nonporous surfaces, but it is uncertain on whether or not it can kill all types of mold on every surface. Most of the retail products out there only discolor the mold and are not suggested for porous surfaces for example, drywall, carpet, ceiling tiles and wood.
- “Mold is only found in homes with water damage”
It is true that mold generally forms in any areas that have problems of water seepage or flooding but unfortunately all homes could potentially wind up with having a mold problem. Molds and mildews are present both indoors and outdoors, and when mold spores land on a surface that contains moisture, that mold can begin to grow.
- “You don’t have to remove mold if you kill it”
- Even if you are able to kill the mold, there are allergens that live in mold that are still active. These allergens can even become airborne even if the mold is dead. Mold can also go dormant until conditions in the environment are optimal for regrowth. To protect yourself and your home, it is necessary to remove the affected area and remove the items that contain mold. You need to be cautious not to spread the mold spores to unaffected areas. Professionals, like us, are properly trained to handle mold allergens without further contaminating your home.
- “A small amount of mold is nothing to worry about”
- A small amount of visible mold in your home may just be the tip of the iceberg. Chances are it has been growing for some time now and requires a certified mold inspector to further inspect the situation.
- “Mold Remediation is easy to do on your own”
That is not always the case. When it comes to small areas of mold, it can be handled easily. But when the problem becomes pervasive, it is best to call the professionals. SERVPRO of Collinsville/Troy is always “Here To Help!”