Are you and your employees prepared?
If an emergency were to happen in your business today, would you and all employees be prepared? If your answer is no then don’t be frightened! SERVPRO of Collinsville/Troy is here to help! We can come out to your business and set up an Emergency Ready Plan for FREE!
What is an Emergency Ready Plan aka ERP? An ERP is a packet for you and your employees to have to help keep everyone calm during an emergency. The packet includes a property overview, building access information, an emergency action checklist, contact information for the local Fire Department, Police Department, and Hospital, pictures of all shut off valves and description of location, and more. We can add any information you think would be necessary for an emergency. For example: we can add photos and locations of all fire extinguishers, add a map for fire routes, and even add where the safe areas are for a tornado or earthquakes.
Give us a call at 618-667-8648 to set up an appointment for you FREE ERP!
Have a leak or a mold problem? Call the experts!
With the snow melting and the rain we had the chances of water leaking into your home or business is higher. If you notice a leak or areas that are wet; we recommend finding the problem and fixing it as soon as possible. Mold can grow from just the smallest amount of moisture in your home. Properly drying out the wet areas will lessen your chance of mold. If you notice any mold growth contact SERVPRO to come in and start the remediation process. Leaving mold untreated can be very harmful to you, your family, workers, and customers.
There are three signs of mold you can check for.
2. Strong musty odors
3. Excessive humidity
If you see any of these three signs give us a call. We are available 24/7 to take your calls and to service your needs. Let SERVPRO keep your home or business safe by doing what needs to be done to clean it. Don’t wait too long to give us a call. The sooner you call the sooner your home or business will be safer and mold FREE.
Give us a call at 618-667-8648
Continuing Education Classes!
Attention all property insurance agents and adjusters! SERVPRO of Collinsville/Troy hosts many FREE continuing education classes throughout the year at their office located in Troy, IL.
We have a class coming up quickly! It will be held on Tuesday April 23. There will be a morning class and an afternoon class. You can attended one or both.
The morning class will be from 9am-12pm and the topic will be Ethics and Professional Standards 2019.
The afternoon class will be from 1pm-5pm and the topic will be Water, Biohazards, Trauma & Hoarding Claims.
If you are needing to get your hours done this year please contact our office at 618-667-8648 and we can fax you an enrollment form. These classes do fill up quickly!
Fire safety tips
In the last few weeks there have been multiple fires in the surrounding areas and I wanted to take this time to remind everyone to be prepared by following the fire safety guidelines listed below:
- Everyone in your household should help make a plan. Walk through your home and inspect all possible exits and escape routes.
- A closed door may slow the spread of smoke, heat and fire. Install smoke alarms in every sleeping room, outside each sleeping area and on every level of the home.
- Everyone in the household must understand the escape plan. When you walk through your plan, check to make sure the escape routes are clear and doors and windows can be opened easily.
- Choose an outside meeting place a safe distance in front of your home where everyone can meet after they've escaped. Make sure to mark the location of the meeting place on your escape plan.
- Go outside to see if your street number is clearly visible from the road. If not, paint it on the curb or install house numbers to ensure that responding emergency personnel can find your home.
- Have everyone memorize the emergency phone number of the fire department. That way any member of the household can call from a neighbor's home or a cellular phone once safely outside.
- If there are infants or family members with mobility limitations, make sure that someone is assigned to assist them in the fire drill and in the event of an emergency. Assign a backup person too, in case the designee is not home during the emergency.
- If windows or doors in your home have security bars make sure that the bars have emergency release devices inside so that they can be opened immediately in an emergency. Emergency release devices won't compromise your security - but they will increase your chances of safely escaping a home fire.
- Tell guests or visitors to your home about your family's fire escape plan. When staying overnight at other people's homes, ask about their escape plan. If they don't have a plan in place, offer to help them make one. This is especially important when children are permitted to attend "sleepovers" at friends' homes.
- Be fully prepared for a real fire: when a smoke alarm sounds, get out immediately.
- Once you're out, stay out! Under no circumstances should you ever go back into a burning building. If someone is missing, inform the fire department dispatcher when you call. Firefighters have the skills and equipment to perform rescues.
We have rain, snow, hot and cold! Keep your eye on the weather!
Between temperatures going up and down, the snow melting and the amount of rain we have been getting; the chances of pipe breaks, sump pump back ups, and flooded homes are higher!
SERVPRO of Collinsville/Troy is available no matter what day or what time for your calls and to start work. Whether you want an estimate before work is started or you want a crew out working in the middle of the night; we are here!
We will work with your insurance company or with you if the job will be self pay. Don't hesitate to ask us questions. Our staff is here to assist you and assure you the clean up and restoration will be done the right way.
If you need us call us at 618-667-8648
Prevent Your Pipes from Freezing
When the temperatures drop prepare your home or business to prevent your pipes from freezing. If your pipes freeze the chance of them bursting is much greater. Here are a few tips to help prevent your pipes form freezing.
- Keep garage and exterior doors closed as much as possible.
- Make sure no cold air is leaking through your windows or doors.
- Keep your thermostat set to the same temperature during the day and night.
- If you will be going away for a few days or more keep the heat running and set no lower than 55 degrees.
Dealing with a water damage is stressful especially during the Holiday season. SERVPRO of Collinsville/Troy is always here to help in your time of need.
Give us a call at 618-667-8648.
Assessing your water damage.
Flooded basement due to a pipe leak.
A water damage happens when a pipe breaks, plumbing backs up, flood waters rise, or a number of other reasons in which water enters a structure.
Water restoration is the act of making it "Like it never even happened." which is our specialty at SERVPRO of Collinsville/Troy.
Many homeowners who experience a water damage often don't know where to start. The first step is assessing the situation and responding appropriately.
There are two criteria for categorizing water damages: Class, and Category.
The Class of water damage refers to the extent of damage and how much moisture has been soaked up (or bound) in the building material.
There are 4 Classes of water damages:
Class 1 - water is confined to a small area and materials absorb very little water.
Class 2 - where wet materials represent approximately 5-40% of combined floor, wall, and ceiling surface area in a space
Class 3 - wet materials represent more than 40% surface area
Class 4 - this class of damage is a special case where water has been deeply absorbed into the structure and special methods need to be employed beyond a regular drying plan.
Category refers to the level of contamination caused by the water:
Category 1 - originates from a sanitary source, meaning a supply line or sink overflow with no contaminants
Category 2 - water that contains some contaminants such as washing machine or dishwasher rinse water
Category 3 - this includes all water that is significantly contaminated and can cause illness if ingested. This would include sewage, standing water with microbial growth, or water from a toilet containing fecal matter
If you have a water damage that needs to be assessed and for help with the cleanup call SERVPRO of Collinsville/Troy at 618-667-8648
We love hearing back from our customers!
SERVPRO of Collinsville/Troy loves to hear back from our customers. Our crews work hard everyday to make your disaster look “Like it never even happened.” Receiving your testimonials helps reassure our employees of how well they are doing and makes them want to work even harder!
Here are just a few reviews we have received recently.
“The carpet in the council chambers looks great.”
— Michele in Troy, IL
“No complaints. All of the men working here did a wonderful job! That would be Mike M, Brandon S, Brandon R., Dalton and Jason. They were friendly, well informed, and patient about explaining the process. I definitely would use SERVPRO again.”
— Leslie in Lebanon, IL
“The team that showed up at my house was some of the most professional people I've dealt with. Amazing experience. The duties they did were just as explained to me. All of the workers deserve a raise!!! They totally dismantled a bedroom that had been damaged during a recent storm. Removed all of the wet material and cleaned up! just the people we needed during this time of need. Thank you SERVPRO! Also the original time given for the job was 5-6 hours. They had it done in 3 hours!”
— Corey in Waterloo, IL
If you ever need our service, we are just a phone call away! Call us at 618-667-8648
Let us clean up your post Holiday mess!
The Holiday season is always a busy year for hotels. Family members coming in town, company Christmas parties, New Year's Eve parties and more. The more people the more messes that are made.
Have people tracked dirt or mud throughout your lobby?
Did a party get a little too wild?
Sometimes your personal cleaning staff can't clean all the messes that are made. Don't worry! SERVPRO of Collinsville/Troy also specializes in commercial carpet cleaning, spot and odor removal, vandalism clean up and so much more! We also understand the need to get the job done quickly. Our crews are available to work around your schedule.
Give our office a call anytime and our crew will make that mess look "Like it never even happened."
Pipe burst floods home.
View from the front door. Water was flowing throughout the whole house.
This family came home from vacation to find their home flooded. The pipe for their kitchen sink busted and water was flowing for roughly 2-5 days. Serious damaged occurred to this newly built home. The upstairs flooring started buckling and the basement ceiling drywall had fallen.
When we arrived on site the CSR did a walk through to determine what all needed done. The crew began extracting all the water and removing the carpet. Our next step was to remove the ceilings in the basement, all flooring, start drying out contents and setting equipment to prevent mold growth.
A disaster like this can be prevented by turning your water off when you leave for vacation. Many never think it will happen to them. But if it does you can always count on us to be there!
Give us a call at 618-667-8648 to make your disaster look "Like it never even happened."