Services for Commercial Properties
There are many different services that we offer for commercial properties. We understand that it is difficult at times to schedule services during business hours, so we can work with you to find a time that best fits you and your company's needs. If needed we can work in one section at a time in order to keep your business open while we work, or we can attempt to schedule it before or after business hours.
In addition to our emergency water, fire, and storm clean up services we also offer many other cleaning services. These include, but are not limited to:
- Air Ducts and HVAC
- Carpet and Upholstery
- Ceilings, Floors, and Walls
- Drapes and Blinds
- Odor Removal
- Trauma and Crime Scene
If you have any questions about our commercial services for your Madison County business or commercial property please call our friendly and experienced team at (618) 667-8648. Our team is available 24/7 because we know that emergencies can occur at any time, and a quick response is a necessity.
Winter Fire Safety Tips
Fires can occur at any time, but there is often an increased risk of fires in the winter. There are several factors that can cause this increase.
- Increased candle usage
- Winter storms
- Improper use of portable generators
- Using different methods to heat the home. - This can include using space heaters, fireplaces, or wood stoves
Some easy tips to prevent fires and practice fire safety in your Madison County home are:
- If you use a space heater or portable heater in your home ensure that it has an auto shut off feature in case it ever tips over or falls.
- Plug space heaters or portable heaters directly into an outlet, do not use extension cords or power strips
- Turn space heaters or portable heaters off before leaving the room or house.
- While using a fire place, place a glass or metal screen in front of the fireplace to prevent embers or sparks from catching anything nearby on fire.
- Keep anything flammable or that could catch on fire at least 3 feet away from any heat sources or open flames.
- Install smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors in each room of the house and check them monthly to ensure they are working and have working batteries in them.
- Have a professional clean and inspect your chimney and vents yearly.
- Place candles on a sturdy surface and ensure there is nothing flammable nearby them
- Ensure that you extinguish any candles before leaving the room or going to sleep
If you have any questions about fire restoration or any other cleaning and restoration needs, contact our office at 618-667-8648. Our friendly, experienced team is available 24/7 because we know that emergencies can happen at anytime.
I contacted SERVPRO, what happens next?
We know the importance of acting quickly after experiencing fire, water, mold or any other type of damage to your home or property. As time passes, the damage can worsen or spread to other areas. Our team is available 24/7 in order to be able to quickly respond after any type of emergency or disaster. After you contact SERVPRO of Collinsville/Troy with questions about the cleaning and restoration services that we offer, there are several steps that will be taken. First, on the phone we will answer any questions that you have to the best of our abilities and set up a time to have one of our team members come out to your location.
We respond quickly – We try our best to return any phone calls within an hour, and to get a crew on site to your location within four hours. This ensures that we can quickly gauge the damage and begin taking steps to ensure that the damage does not progress.
Arrival on site – Once we arrive on site, one of our highly trained CSR’s will walk through and inspect the damage. They may take photos to share with your insurance company as we work with them as well through every step of the process. They will talk to you about the damage that they see, and the best way to begin the restoration process.
Restoration – After the inspection, our efficient crew will arrive on scene and begin implementing the plan that was put in place by the CSR. Throughout this process we will continue to communicate with both you and your insurance company to make sure that everyone stays informed and on the same page.
If you have any questions about cleaning and restoration services for your Madison County home or business, call our friendly and qualified team today at 618-667-8648.
Steps to the Water Damage Restoration Process
While every water damage emergency is unique and may need to be treated a little differently, at SERVPRO of Collinsville/Troy we have a few steps that we follow for every emergency to make it easier on you and to ensure that we make it “Like it never even happened.”
- Initial contact - First, we receive a call from the homeowner. Our team is available 24/7 in order to be quickly available in an emergency. We will ask several questions in order to fully understand the situation and be able to get a crew out as soon as possible.
- Inspection/Assessment - One of our highly trained CSR’s will come out to the property to assess the scope of the damage, answer any further questions you may have, and find out what steps need to be taken to complete the restoration process.
- Water extraction – Our efficient crew will come and complete the water extraction process. We use powerful pumps and vacuum units to remove the excess water from the property.
- Drying – We set up fans and dehumidifiers in order to quickly dry out the area. Our crew will monitor the equipment to ensure that it is working properly and is set up efficiently.
- Cleaning and Sanitizing – Our crew will clean all surfaces and belongings that were affected by the water damage. We have many different techniques for restoring your belongings and ensuring that no lingering odors or signs of damage remain.
- Restoration – The final step is to ensure that your home is put back to pre-damage condition. This may include repainting areas or replacing carpeting, drywall, or trim.
Throughout this entire process our team strives to stay in communication with the homeowner or property owner. We want to ensure that you are informed and involved every step of the way to make it as easy and stress-free as we can. If you have any questions about water damages or the restoration process, call SERVPRO of Collinsville/Troy at 618-667-8648.
Let's talk about Sump Pumps!
A sump pump can be an effective tool for preventing water damages. They are a water pump that you can place in your basement, crawl space, window wells, or anywhere that could possibly collect water in a bad rainstorm, flood, or even in the case of leaking pipes or appliances. Typically, you place the sump pump in a recessed area or the lowest point of your home or basement in order to automatically pump out any water that may accumulate.
Most sump pumps have a float on them that detects the amount of water coming into the pump. Once the level of water reaches a certain point, the float will trigger the pump to turn on and begin pumping out and draining the water. While there are both automatic and manual types of sump pumps, typically the automatic ones are recommended since they are constantly running in case of quick build ups of water. The manual pumps require someone to turn them on in order for them to work.
Some things to look for while considering a sump pump for your home are:
- Ensure that the pump is correctly sized for your home or property
- Consider a sump pump with an emergency alarm. This will notify you in case of pump failure, loss of power, or low batteries.
- Choose a pump made of sturdy materials that will hold up for a long period of time.
- Ensure that the pump you choose has a cord that will reach the nearest outlet and is compatible with your outlets in your home.
- Consider a pump with a battery backup option in case of power loss
Here at SERVPRO of Collinsville/Troy we hope that you and your home stay safe and dry! If you have any questions about water damages or any other cleaning or restoration related needs, please contact our office at 618-667-8648.
What do you get when you choose SERVPRO?
The company you choose for your cleaning and restoration needs is an important decision. You want to ensure that you choose a company you can trust to get the job done quickly and efficiently, as well as to keep an open line of communication with you throughout the entire process. When you choose SERVPRO of Collinsville/Troy to be your trusted company in the Madison County area you are getting several different things that include but are not limited to the following.
- We include you in every decision. We will work with and for you until the job is complete. Our team will communicate with you throughout the entire process as our main goal is to see you at your family happy and worry free!
- Our team utilizes the latest technology and equipment in order to ensure that your property and belongings are restored as quickly and professionally as possible.
- We will help with any cleaning or restoration needs, no matter how large or small.
- Our rule of thumb is to try and restore items whenever possible, but in case of loss we will provide you with an itemized list, along with pictures, in order to make the process as easy as possible for you.
- We respond to each call as quickly as possible. Our team is available 24/7 because we understand that emergencies can happen at any time.
- The crew members of our restoration team are trained in the latest techniques and technology so that they can get the job done quickly and efficiently every time.
Services we offer at SERVPRO
Here at SERVPRO of Collinsville/Troy, we offer a wide variety of services to meet all of your cleaning and restoration needs. Our friendly and qualified team is available 24/7 in order to be available whenever an emergency may occur and to ensure that all of your questions are able to be answered in a timely manner. If there is a service that you need that we do not offer, we can work with our team of trusted contractors in order to get the job done quickly and efficiently. This ensures quality work, less stress on you, and an open line of communication.
Some of the services that we offer for your Madison County home or business include but are not limited to:
- Water damage cleanup
- Mold remediation
- Storm damage cleanup
- Fire damage restoration
- Residential and commercial carpet and upholstery cleaning
- Ductwork and HVAC cleaning
- Sewage cleanup
- Odor removal
- Biohazard cleanup
- Trauma and crime scene cleanup
If you have any questions about any of the services, we offer at SERVPRO of Collinsville/Troy, feel free to contact our experienced team at 618-667-6848.
Signs that you may need a new water heater
A water heater is a critical household appliance, especially in the winter months. It provides hot water for showers, washing dishes, laundry, and so much more. It is important to stay aware of the condition of your hot water heater so that you and your Madison County home never get left with cold water. A leaking or damaged hot water heater can also cause water damage and significant damage to your home or property. Some signs that you can look for may be:
- Unusual noises – Typically a water heater makes some noises that would just become routine to hear, you may not notice them on a daily basis. However, if you hear anything unusual such as banging or clanging sounds, creaks or whines you should contact a repair person right away. This could be a sign that the heating element on the hot water heater is wearing out and unable to keep up with the demand of the hot water supply.
- Rust around the base of the hot water heater – This could be a sign that your tank is leaking or beginning to gather moisture. Catching this problem early on could help you to avoid a water damage.
- Variance in the temperature of your water- Is your water too hot? Not hot enough? This could be a sign that your water heater needs repaired or replaced. It may just need repairs or a part replaced, but it is always a good idea to have the entire unit checked for leaks or other potential problems at the same time.
- Hard water – If you live in an area known for hard water, and experience one or more of these signs you may have sediment gathered in the bottom your hot water tank. This would require the tank to be flushed to remove the sediment. If the problem is not treated, then the motor on your hot water tank could quit working or burn out.
If you have any questions about water damages, or the restoration process, call SERVPRO of Collinsville/Troy at 618-667-8648. Our friendly and qualified team is available 24/7.
Winter Weather Alerts
The weather can change quickly and go from being warm and sunny one day, to overcast and snowing the next. It is important to keep an eye on the weather reports in order to be properly prepared for the day. Weather alerts can be confusing as there are many different technical terms and meanings. At SERVPRO of Collinsville/Troy we want you stay safe and ahead of any weather events that may occur. Below, we are going to talk about some of the different weather warning messages you may see.
- Winter Weather Advisory – An advisory occurs when less than 6 inches of snow or less than ¼ an inch of ice is expected to accumulate. It is still very important to stay updated on the weather and to be prepared because an advisory can quickly turn into a winter storm warning.
- Winter Storm Warning – A winter storm warning is issued when 6 inches or more of snow is expected, or a combination of winter weather such as snow, ice, sleet, or high winds may occur.
- Blizzard Warning – A blizzard warning will occur when winds of over 35mph are predicted for more than three hours at a time along with lots of snow fall or snow that has already fallen that could blow around and reduce visibility.
- Ice Storm Warning – This occurs when ¼ an inch of more of ice is expected to accumulate.
- Wind Chill – This is more than just the temperature outside, this is talking about how cold it is with the moving air of the wind. It is typically colder than the temperature outside so it's important to look at both the temperature and the wind chill.
- Wind Chill Advisory – A wind chill advisory is when the wind chill is –15 degrees to –25 degrees. The winds must also be 10mph or higher.
- Wind Chill Warning – A wind chill warning means that the wind chill is over –25 degrees and the winds are 10mph or higher.
Warning signs of Water Damage
Flood waters. Leaking roofs. Burst pipes. Leaky or malfunctioning appliances such as dishwashers, air conditioners, or water heaters. Though these problems are all different, they have one thing in common. They all can cause water damage and destruction of property.
Water damage can be caused with a small amount of water or a large amount. It can also be caused by damp air or humidity. Due to this, there are times when water damage occurs when there is no or very little visible signs of water in the area. These are some of the warning signs to look for that may show you that there is water damage occurring.
- Damp or rainy weather that is persistent. This can cause an excess of moisture in the air, and the rain can cause flooding to occur.
- Standing water that is reoccurring in any area of your home.
- Leaks or drips in plumbing, hoses, or appliances. These can leak slowly over time which will both cause damage and raise you water bill.
- Bad smells. Mold and bacteria that comes from water damage may result in stale, musty odor.
- Stains or spots. Water damage may cause spots or mold stains on walls or ceilings. You may also notice peeling or flaking paint.
- Uneven surfaces. Water damage may cause surfaces such as walls, floors, or ceilings to bend or warp.
If you see any of these signs or have any questions or concerns about water damage please contact our experienced team at SERVPRO of Collinsville/Troy at 618-667-8648.