Recent Water Damage Posts
Have You Checked Your Gutter System Lately?
Now that we are well into the fall season, SERVPRO wants to remind homeowners about an important functioning item we tend to overlooked each year, your gutters.
Although you may not think about it, the state of your gutters can affect many other areas of your family's property, which includes your roof and foundation. If your gutters fail to function they way they are intended to do they can wreck havoc on your home or business . The most common problem that homeowners face with their gutters is that they fail to drain or channel excess rainwater far enough away from your foundation. That excess water can back up under your home's foundation or into your basement. If rain water doesn't travel through your gutters freely, it's most likely because the gutters are clogged with leaves or debris. This is especially common during this season when trees are dropping their leaves. If you have clogged gutters it can often lead to costly foundation repairs that can cost thousands of dollars. Having your gutters regularly cleaned (at least once or twice a year) can prevent a major water damage from happening to your property.
if you are concerned about your gutters not functioning property, SERVPRO encourages you to have them inspected by a qualified company to avoid any future water damage from gutters that are clogged.
When water backs up into your basement our foundation, it very well may be a gutter system that is not functioning properly. Be sure and call the cleanup team that is "Faster To Any Size Disaster" in the event water damage strikes your home or business.
Steps to the Water Damage Restoration Process
While every water damage emergency is unique and may need to be treated a little differently, at SERVPRO of Collinsville/Troy we have a few steps that we follow for every emergency to make it easier on you and to ensure that we make it “Like it never even happened.”
- Initial contact - First, we receive a call from the homeowner. Our team is available 24/7 in order to be quickly available in an emergency. We will ask several questions in order to fully understand the situation and be able to get a crew out as soon as possible.
- Inspection/Assessment - One of our highly trained CSR’s will come out to the property to assess the scope of the damage, answer any further questions you may have, and find out what steps need to be taken to complete the restoration process.
- Water extraction – Our efficient crew will come and complete the water extraction process. We use powerful pumps and vacuum units to remove the excess water from the property.
- Drying – We set up fans and dehumidifiers in order to quickly dry out the area. Our crew will monitor the equipment to ensure that it is working properly and is set up efficiently.
- Cleaning and Sanitizing – Our crew will clean all surfaces and belongings that were affected by the water damage. We have many different techniques for restoring your belongings and ensuring that no lingering odors or signs of damage remain.
- Restoration – The final step is to ensure that your home is put back to pre-damage condition. This may include repainting areas or replacing carpeting, drywall, or trim.
Throughout this entire process our team strives to stay in communication with the homeowner or property owner. We want to ensure that you are informed and involved every step of the way to make it as easy and stress-free as we can. If you have any questions about water damages or the restoration process, call SERVPRO of Collinsville/Troy at 618-667-8648.
Let's talk about Sump Pumps!
A sump pump can be an effective tool for preventing water damages. They are a water pump that you can place in your basement, crawl space, window wells, or anywhere that could possibly collect water in a bad rainstorm, flood, or even in the case of leaking pipes or appliances. Typically, you place the sump pump in a recessed area or the lowest point of your home or basement in order to automatically pump out any water that may accumulate.
Most sump pumps have a float on them that detects the amount of water coming into the pump. Once the level of water reaches a certain point, the float will trigger the pump to turn on and begin pumping out and draining the water. While there are both automatic and manual types of sump pumps, typically the automatic ones are recommended since they are constantly running in case of quick build ups of water. The manual pumps require someone to turn them on in order for them to work.
Some things to look for while considering a sump pump for your home are:
- Ensure that the pump is correctly sized for your home or property
- Consider a sump pump with an emergency alarm. This will notify you in case of pump failure, loss of power, or low batteries.
- Choose a pump made of sturdy materials that will hold up for a long period of time.
- Ensure that the pump you choose has a cord that will reach the nearest outlet and is compatible with your outlets in your home.
- Consider a pump with a battery backup option in case of power loss
Here at SERVPRO of Collinsville/Troy we hope that you and your home stay safe and dry! If you have any questions about water damages or any other cleaning or restoration related needs, please contact our office at 618-667-8648.
Signs that you may need a new water heater
A water heater is a critical household appliance, especially in the winter months. It provides hot water for showers, washing dishes, laundry, and so much more. It is important to stay aware of the condition of your hot water heater so that you and your Madison County home never get left with cold water. A leaking or damaged hot water heater can also cause water damage and significant damage to your home or property. Some signs that you can look for may be:
- Unusual noises – Typically a water heater makes some noises that would just become routine to hear, you may not notice them on a daily basis. However, if you hear anything unusual such as banging or clanging sounds, creaks or whines you should contact a repair person right away. This could be a sign that the heating element on the hot water heater is wearing out and unable to keep up with the demand of the hot water supply.
- Rust around the base of the hot water heater – This could be a sign that your tank is leaking or beginning to gather moisture. Catching this problem early on could help you to avoid a water damage.
- Variance in the temperature of your water- Is your water too hot? Not hot enough? This could be a sign that your water heater needs repaired or replaced. It may just need repairs or a part replaced, but it is always a good idea to have the entire unit checked for leaks or other potential problems at the same time.
- Hard water – If you live in an area known for hard water, and experience one or more of these signs you may have sediment gathered in the bottom your hot water tank. This would require the tank to be flushed to remove the sediment. If the problem is not treated, then the motor on your hot water tank could quit working or burn out.
If you have any questions about water damages, or the restoration process, call SERVPRO of Collinsville/Troy at 618-667-8648. Our friendly and qualified team is available 24/7.
Warning signs of Water Damage
Flood waters. Leaking roofs. Burst pipes. Leaky or malfunctioning appliances such as dishwashers, air conditioners, or water heaters. Though these problems are all different, they have one thing in common. They all can cause water damage and destruction of property.
Water damage can be caused with a small amount of water or a large amount. It can also be caused by damp air or humidity. Due to this, there are times when water damage occurs when there is no or very little visible signs of water in the area. These are some of the warning signs to look for that may show you that there is water damage occurring.
- Damp or rainy weather that is persistent. This can cause an excess of moisture in the air, and the rain can cause flooding to occur.
- Standing water that is reoccurring in any area of your home.
- Leaks or drips in plumbing, hoses, or appliances. These can leak slowly over time which will both cause damage and raise you water bill.
- Bad smells. Mold and bacteria that comes from water damage may result in stale, musty odor.
- Stains or spots. Water damage may cause spots or mold stains on walls or ceilings. You may also notice peeling or flaking paint.
- Uneven surfaces. Water damage may cause surfaces such as walls, floors, or ceilings to bend or warp.
If you see any of these signs or have any questions or concerns about water damage please contact our experienced team at SERVPRO of Collinsville/Troy at 618-667-8648.
How can SERVPRO help you during a water damage?
It is important to begin the clean-up and restoration process quickly after a water damage. This will help to prevent further damage and potential mold problems, as well as to alleviate stress on the homeowner or property owner.
At SERVPRO of Collinsville/Troy, we strive to arrive at each job no less than four hours after receiving the phone call and request to send out a crew. Our team is on call 24/7 and prepared to offer friendly, quick, and professional service at all hours.
The steps we follow for a water damage are as follows:
Our experienced team will walk through the property in order to determine the amount of damage and the best way to begin the restoration process. We will take photos, and communicate with the homeowner or property owner and the insurance company to ensure that everyone is informed and on the same page.
We are available 24/7 for emergency services, including all holidays. These could include but are not limited to, extracting water, setting up drying equipment, placing tarps or boards to block leaks and prevent further damage.
We will send a team to monitor all equipment to ensure that the drying process is going smoothly and to keep you updated all along the way.
After the drying process is completed, our team will clean any damaged areas and contents. We will also finish the restoration process by installing new carpeting or repainting walls as needed. A final walk through will always be completed with the homeowner to ensure that the job is completed to your satisfaction.
If you have any questions regarding water damages call us at any time at 618-667-8648. Our experienced team is always happy to help!
Questions during Water Damages
A water damage in your home or business can cause a great deal of stress and worry. During a water loss event, you may be also faced with many different decisions to make. You may ask yourself questions such as:
-How will we get this cleaned up?
-Who will clean this up and what process will they use?
-How will we pay for this?
-Where is the water coming from?
-What caused this situation?
-How can we prevent this from happening in the future?
SERVPRO of Collinsville/Troy can help to simplify this process and help you answer many of these questions. Our experienced and friendly office staff will communicate with both you and your insurance company. Our highly trained team is also available 24/7 to ensure that the job is completed quickly and efficiently.
If you have a water loss event contact SERVPRO of Collinsville/Troy at 618-667-8648 and we will help answer all of your questions and concerns!
Prevent Your Pipes from Freezing
When the temperatures drop prepare your home or business to prevent your pipes from freezing. If your pipes freeze the chance of them bursting is much greater. Here are a few tips to help prevent your pipes from freezing.
- Keep garage and exterior doors closed as much as possible.
- Make sure no cold air is leaking through your windows or doors.
- Keep your thermostat set to the same temperature during the day and night.
- If you will be going away for a few days or more keep the heat running and set no lower than 55 degrees.
Dealing with a water damage is stressful especially during the Holiday season. SERVPRO of Collinsville/Troy is always here to help in your time of need.
Give us a call at 618-667-8648.
Assessing your water damage.
Flooded basement due to a pipe leak.
A water damage happens when a pipe breaks, plumbing backs up, flood waters rise, or a number of other reasons in which water enters a structure.
Water restoration is the act of making it "Like it never even happened." which is our specialty at SERVPRO of Collinsville/Troy.
Many homeowners who experience a water damage often don't know where to start. The first step is assessing the situation and responding appropriately.
There are two criteria for categorizing water damages: Class, and Category.
The Class of water damage refers to the extent of damage and how much moisture has been soaked up (or bound) in the building material.
There are 4 Classes of water damages:
Class 1 - water is confined to a small area and materials absorb very little water.
Class 2 - where wet materials represent approximately 5-40% of combined floor, wall, and ceiling surface area in a space
Class 3 - wet materials represent more than 40% surface area
Class 4 - this class of damage is a special case where water has been deeply absorbed into the structure and special methods need to be employed beyond a regular drying plan.
Category refers to the level of contamination caused by the water:
Category 1 - originates from a sanitary source, meaning a supply line or sink overflow with no contaminants
Category 2 - water that contains some contaminants such as washing machine or dishwasher rinse water
Category 3 - this includes all water that is significantly contaminated and can cause illness if ingested. This would include sewage, standing water with microbial growth, or water from a toilet containing fecal matter
If you have a water damage that needs to be assessed and for help with the cleanup call SERVPRO of Collinsville/Troy at 618-667-8648
Pipe burst floods home.
View from the front door. Water was flowing throughout the whole house.
This family came home from vacation to find their home flooded. The pipe for their kitchen sink busted and water was flowing for roughly 2-5 days. Serious damaged occurred to this newly built home. The upstairs flooring started buckling and the basement ceiling drywall had fallen.
When we arrived on site the CSR did a walk through to determine what all needed done. The crew began extracting all the water and removing the carpet. Our next step was to remove the ceilings in the basement, all flooring, start drying out contents and setting equipment to prevent mold growth.
A disaster like this can be prevented by turning your water off when you leave for vacation. Many never think it will happen to them. But if it does you can always count on us to be there!
Give us a call at 618-667-8648 to make your disaster look "Like it never even happened."
No matter how big or small, water damage is no match for us.
SERVPRO of Collinsville/Troy's professionally trained staff is ready for any size disaster that occurs. Whether it be a small leak to a full flooding. We have the man power and equipment for any disaster that happens in your home or business.
We are ready and available for all emergency services any hour and any day of the week! When our crew arrives you will be given details on how the mitigation process will go and also how long it should take us to finish.
Our crews understand the urgency to get your home or business back to normal. They will work around the clock to get your disaster looking "Like it never even happened."
You can always count on us to save the day or night.
Give our office a call at 618-667-8648
Your local water damage cleanup company.
SERVPRO of Collinsville/Troy is available 24 hours a day for water emergencies, large or small. When you are dealing with water damage, immediate action is crucial. A delay of just a few hours can greatly increase the severity of the water damage.
We Answer the Phone Ready to Help
Call Today - 618-667-8648
We understand that when you call us, you may be feeling confused, stressed, and vulnerable. You need an expert to guide you through this crisis. SERVPRO of Collinsville/Troy has the specific water damage training and experience to help you through this tough time. We specialize in water damage restoration—in fact, it's the cornerstone of our business.
What to Expect
When you call, we will ask several questions regarding your water damage emergency. These questions will help us determine what equipment and resources to bring, including how many trained SERVPRO Professionals may be needed.
Our SERVPRO Representative will ask several questions:
- Your name and contact information
- Your insurance information (if applicable)
- The street address of the water-damaged home or business
- When did the flooding or water damage occur?
- What caused the water damage (if known)?
- Is there electricity available (on-site)?
About SERVPRO of Collinsville/Troy
SERVPRO of Collinsville/Troy specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Flooded basement from a hot water pipe.
This flooded basement was caused by a pin size hole in a hot water pipe.
Sometimes the most unexpected disaster can happen in your home. We received a call for a flooded basement. When our CSR arrived on scene, he noticed there was a pin size hole in the customers hot water pipe. This pipe had to have been leaking for a few days. The basement had about an inch deep of water.
Our crew turned the water off and immediately started extracting the water. Unfortunately the steam and the time period it was leaking caused mold to start growing. We removed the damaged dry wall, ceiling tiles and cleaned all affected areas.
Mold can grow quickly and from the smallest leak. If you notice any kind of moisture in your home it is best to get it taken care of quickly.
Call us at 618-667-8648 to make your disaster look "Like it never even happened."
Madison County Residents: We Specialize In Basement Flooding Cleanup and Restoration!
A basement can flood at any time, although flooding most often occurs during heavy rainfall. Basements are inherently prone to flooding because they are the lowest level of a building and are normally built partly or entirely below ground level. There are a number of reasons why your Madison County basement could flood, including:
- A blocked or failed sewer lateral pipe
- Heavy rain causes surface water to pool around your home
- Storm sewer backup
- Sanitary sewer backup
- Foundation drainage failure
- Water supply-line break or hot-water tank failure
- And many more
Have Questions about Basement Flooding?
Call Today - 618-667-8648
If flood water is not handled quickly and properly, it can jeopardize your health and safety, and cause severe damage to your home’s structure. Remember, the longer you wait, the worse the problem will get.
The bottom line: a flooded basement can jeopardize your health, safety, and your home’s integrity. It’s worth making a call to SERVPRO of Collinsville/Troy and let our trained, professional crews handle the situation safely and correctly. We have earned the trust of hundreds of homeowners, business owners, and property professionals.
We are Flooded Basement Specialists:
- We are Available 24 hours/7 days per week
- We’re a Preferred Vendor to many National Insurance Companies
- We Bill The Insurance Directly – One Less Thing For You To Worry About
- Our Technicians are Highly-Trained in Water Restoration Techniques
- We use s500 IICRC Restoration Standards
- Advanced Inspection and Extraction Equipment
Basement Flooded? Call Us Today – We’re Ready To Help 618-667-8648
Faster to Your Madison County Water Damage Event
Flooding and water emergencies don’t wait for regular business hours and neither do we. SERVPRO of Collinsville/Troy provides emergency cleaning and restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—including all holidays.
Faster To Any Size Disaster
Flooding and water damage is very invasive. Water quickly spreads throughout your home and gets absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, and more. SERVPRO of Collinsville/Troy arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately. This immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 – 618-667-8648
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
About SERVPRO of Collinsville/Troy
SERVPRO of Collinsville/Troy specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration.